NAHL Group: Interim Results
NAHL, the leading UK marketing and services business focused on the UK consumer legal market, announces its Interim Results for the six months ended 30 June 2017.
- Revenue of £24.9m (2016 H1: £25.8m)
- Underlying operating profit of £7.3m (2016 H1: £8.8m)
- Underlying operating profit margin of 29.5% (2016 H1: 34.0%)
- Profit before tax of £5.3m after £1.0m brand repositioning charge in Personal Injury (“PI”) business (2016 H1: £7.5m)
- Basic earnings per share of 9.0p (2016 H1: 13.2p)
- Interim dividend of 5.3p per share (2016 H1: 6.35p)
- PI division brand relaunch for NAH
- Successful establishment of Alternative Business Structure (“ABS”) venture with NewLaw
- Strong margin performance from Residential Property division
- Critical Care division continues to perform well with new strategic business opportunities being pursued
Russell Atkinson, CEO of NAHL, commented:
“The first half of 2017 has been a busy period for the Group across all of its divisions and performance is in line with our expectations. We have relaunched the National Accident Helpline in our PI division and have been working hard to deliver our first ABS structure, with NewLaw, which began shortly after the period end. Initial signs are encouraging and we are working to deliver the second ABS by the end of the year.
“The Group’s Residential Property and Critical Care divisions have made good progress year on year and we expect this to continue through the second half.
“Second half trading has continued in line with our expectations. We will further develop our PI proposition and explore enhanced PLF arrangements, driving increased volumes with our refreshed marketing plans. As previously reported, we expect both 2017 and 2018 to be years of transition in PI however we expect this to be complemented by growth in both Residential Property and Critical Care.”
NAHL Investors Video